Author Topic: Cant compile 1.3.6rc2 with mod_vroot  (Read 273 times)

Offline Flo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Cant compile 1.3.6rc2 with mod_vroot
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:38:49 pm »
Every time i try to compile proftpd with mod_vroot, make gives out this error:

'`
libtool: link: rm -f .libs/proftpd.nm .libs/proftpd.nmS .libs/proftpd.nmT
libtool: link: (cd .libs && gcc -g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -c -fno-builtin "proftpdS.c")
libtool: link: rm -f ".libs/proftpdS.c" ".libs/proftpd.nm" ".libs/proftpd.nmS" ".libs/proftpd.nmT"
libtool: link: gcc -Wl,-z -Wl,relro .libs/proftpdS.o -o proftpd src/main.o src/timers.o src/sets.o src/pool.o src/privs.o src/str.o src/table.o src/regexp.o src/configdb.o src/dirtree.o src/expr.o src/signals.o src/support.o src/netaddr.o src/inet.o src/child.o src/parser.o src/log.o src/lastlog.o src/xferlog.o src/bindings.o src/netacl.o src/class.o src/scoreboard.o src/help.o src/feat.o src/netio.o src/cmd.o src/response.o src/ascii.o src/data.o src/modules.o src/stash.o src/display.o src/auth.o src/fsio.o src/mkhome.o src/ctrls.o src/event.o src/var.o src/throttle.o src/session.o src/trace.o src/encode.o src/proctitle.o src/filter.o src/pidfile.o src/env.o src/version.o src/rlimit.o src/wtmp.o src/memcache.o modules/mod_core.o modules/mod_xfer.o modules/mod_rlimit.o modules/mod_auth_unix.o modules/mod_auth_file.o modules/mod_auth.o modules/mod_ls.o modules/mod_log.o modules/mod_site.o modules/mod_delay.o modules/mod_facts.o modules/mod_dso.o modules/mod_ident.o modules/mod_auth_pam.o modules/mod_readme.o modules/mod_vroot.o modules/mod_memcache.o modules/mod_cap.o modules/mod_ctrls.o modules/mod_lang.o modules/module_glue.o -Wl,--export-dynamic  /root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/lib/libltdl/./.libs/dlopen.a -L/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/lib/libltdl -lsupp -lcrypt -lpcreposix -lpcre -lssl -lcrypto -L/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/lib/libcap -lcap -lmemcached -lmemcachedutil -lpam ./lib/libltdl/.libs/libltdlc.a -ldl
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_sess_init':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:496: undefined reference to `vroot_alias_init'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:497: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_init'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_exit_ev':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:450: undefined reference to `vroot_alias_free'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_log_retr':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:267: undefined reference to `vroot_realpath'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:262: undefined reference to `vroot_path_get_base'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:264: undefined reference to `vroot_path_clean'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_log_stor':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:298: undefined reference to `vroot_realpath'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:293: undefined reference to `vroot_path_get_base'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:295: undefined reference to `vroot_path_clean'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_post_pass_err':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:440: undefined reference to `vroot_alias_free'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `handle_vrootaliases':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:77: undefined reference to `vroot_path_clean'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:85: undefined reference to `vroot_path_lookup'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:88: undefined reference to `vroot_alias_add'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_pre_pass':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:363: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_stat'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:364: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_lstat'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:365: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_rename'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:366: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_unlink'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:367: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_open'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:369: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_creat'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:371: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_link'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:372: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_readlink'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:373: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_symlink'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:374: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_truncate'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:375: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_chmod'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:376: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_chown'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:378: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_lchown'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:380: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_chdir'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:381: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_chroot'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:382: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_utimes'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:383: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_opendir'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:384: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_readdir'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:385: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_closedir'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:386: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_mkdir'
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:387: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_rmdir'
modules/mod_vroot.o: In function `vroot_exit_ev':
/root/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2/modules/mod_vroot.c:451: undefined reference to `vroot_fsio_free'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
libtool: link: rm -f ".libs/proftpdS.o"
Makefile:55: recipe for target 'proftpd' failed
make: *** [proftpd] Error 1
root@flosserver:~/tmp/proftpd-1.3.6rc2#

What am i doing wrong ?

Offline castaglia

• Administrator
  • Support Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.castaglia.org/
Re: Cant compile 1.3.6rc2 with mod_vroot
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »
If you are using the latest mod_vroot from GitHub, how did you move those files into the proftpd-1.3.6rc2/contrib/ directory?

Offline Flo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:31:26 pm »
Because i didnt know what to do exactly, i did the following:
1. I cloned the mod vroot directory from github
2. ./configure
3. I copied all .h and .c files to /proftpd/contrib and /proftpd/modules
4. ./configure --with-modules=mod_vroot
5. make

Offline Flo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:34:56 pm »
So now i did _exactly_ what https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/Castaglia/proftpd-mod_vroot/blob/master/mod_vroot.html#Installation told me, but i am still getting errors. So i hope that its not my fault this time. What do i have to do to be able to compile this ?

sighted planning